Thursday, January 21, 2021

President's Day Resources and More

 
With Auguration Day in the rearview mirror it's time to focus on the next month's coming events. With both Abraham Lincoln and George Washington's birthdays coming up, it felt timely to share this cool Wakelet that I've created to link my teachers and students to the many resources available with a Social Science focus. 

This Wakelet features the digitized collection from the Library of Congress of our early Presidents' writings. I came across the copybook from George Washington's school days (pictured above)-- there are so many primary resources! I noticed one of Abraham Lincoln's early drafts of the Emancipation Proclamation is there, plus his first Inaugural address. Honestly, the Library of Congress is my go-to for so many resources. They have more than you can imagine. Check it out!






No comments:

Post a Comment