Saturday, October 13, 2018

Busy times

Crazy Busy Days
Like every other Teacher Librarian I know, it has been crazy busy this fall. I had hoped to blog more but, holy cow, it's been completely impossible this fall! The last 5 months have been so far BEYOND my norm.
Here are just a few things that happened:
  1. The library was renovated in 4 weeks time.
  2. We barcoded 18k textbooks- my administration gave me 3 days of pay...
  3. New Orleans
  4. Omaha for the College World Series (my team won! Go Beavs!!!)
  5. Grandson's birthday- his first
  6. We handled centralized textbooks for the first time in close to 40 years.
  7. Half of our students did NOT attend registration meaning we had soooo many textbooks everywhere, and did I mention that summer school was in the library until August 13?
  8. The renovation that was given 10 days time had no wiggle room for error - the bulk of the furniture didn't come until after the school year was 3 weeks in!
  9. And, and, and... you get the picture. 
We are closing in on the renovation being completed, we still need our circulation desk(!). You can see a few pics on the Instagram account, Valencia Library & Tech Hub (@valencialibrarytech).

CSLA Presentation- 25 Tech Tools for Teaching & Learning
I used Book Creator for my presentation on October 13 (Thanks for the idea, Jane Lofton!), you may access it below. You may also access the sites via this Padlet. I will add a doc there that will have a plain list of the sites and extensions that I spotlighted at CSLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment